Here are five ideas to help you improve your online business profits.
1. One of the most tried and tested ways of improving online business profits is Search Engine Optimization (SEO). It is common knowledge that most traffic to websites are a direct result of customers visiting a search engine like Google and using certain keywords to narrow down the search for what they want. By keeping your eye on the keywords that your customers are most likely to enter into a search engine, you could customize your website and your content to contain those keywords in relevant places. This is important as when a search engine like Google is in the process of deciding where which website gets placed on its Search Engine Results Page (SERP) one of the elements it takes into consideration is the number of times certain keywords are present on the site, so as to optimize results for the traffic to their search engine. Search engine optimization helps you draw only relevant and genuinely interested traffic to your website.
2. Blogging and social networks like Facebook and MySpace are also proven ways to increase your online business profits. Targeting a specific customer segment that is most relevant to your product category means that you need to have a tangible presence in social media favored by your target market. If your online business deals with power tools, then you need to make your presence felt by starting a blog on construction, or do-it-yourself ideas that might appeal to middle-aged men who are looking at home improvements. Or you could join a power tool based community on Facebook or MySpace and get to know the members there.
3. Online magazines provide a great platform for you to publish content relevant to your target market and validate yourself as an expert in the industry, lending credibility to your website in the bargain, which could only lead to profit.
4. Keeping your website simple and easy to navigate is also a good way to improve your online business profits. Complicated websites, with constant pop-ups and mandatory plug-in downloads only serve to drive away traffic, not convert them into sales.
5. Creating a sense of urgency around the purchase of your product or service and offering incentives for traffic that are willing to convert are also ways that many online entrepreneurs have used to improve their online business profits.